Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Ubuntu Linux--> It's one hell of a software!

Yesterday I was browsing through CNET and I found a video which explained the steps to install Ubuntu Linux which is an OS like Mac and Windows.

The name of the installer is Wubi.

I thought maybe I would give it a shot and downloaded the 9MB setup file.

After runnung it, it asked me my username and password and then started downloading Ubuntu itself!

I guess 700MB was downloaded in about 6 hours for me. This could be a nightmare if you have a dial up connection.

After the installation finished, I was prompted to reboot and I did so.

This time it gave me 2 options: Microsoft Windows and Wubi Ubuntu. I highlighted the Wubi Ubuntu option and pressed enter, and it booted up in Ubuntu Linux! It was kinda chocolaty and very simple at the start. But when I turned on the desktop effects, the real fun started.

I could literally change the screen! It actually moved like a cuboid! It's got this 3D effect which is really cool!

Then, when I took a window and shook it, there was this woogle effect! It literally woogled!

And the best part is it comes with free software. A free OS coming with great effects and free software like Firefox, Open Office.org, Gimp, etc. is amazing. Go on, give it a try.

I personally think it's more advanced than Vista if you add something called Beryl which gives Ubuntu a twinkling starlight effect. Magnifico!

No comments: