Saturday, August 25, 2007

MY VISIT TO INDIA


Holidays are times when you can visit your native places if you are living in a foreign country. Like me, in Dubai. I too visited my native place, India.

I hadn’t visited India for 2 years, so my visit was eagerly awaited. My cousins, friends were really enthusiastic to meet me. After the sweltering heat and the tough exams and not-so- bad results, my heart jumped at the prospect of a holiday.

I left at the 29th of June and reached Bombay after a boring flight. We caught a taxi at once and left for Goregaon (part of Bombay). My granddad was really happy seeing us after such a long time and his eyes brimmed with emotion.

After a normal few days (normal being bitten by huge mosquitoes), I started preparations for my brother’s sacred thread ceremony. This family function helped me to meet all my cousins and friends. It was a joyful reunion.

After the ceremony, on the 11th of July, we set out on a pilgrimage, visited the temples in South India (Tirupati, Palghat, Salem and Tirupur) and meeting more relatives. On this journey of 10 days, the mosquitoes did not leave me, no sire.

We reached Bombay on the 25th of July and for a week I played on the PS2 with my cousins.

We returned on the 2nd of August, feeling satisfied and contended after a month long holiday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi zenom

good writing

iwonder if any other journals are cumin

pleaz bring em

ur admirer